At Monroe Animal Hospital, we have always been committed to providing a safe environment in which you and your pets can receive treatment while feeling comfortable and secure.
Our community, our people, and our pets are what is most important to us, and both your safety and your pets’ well-being remain our number one priority as we deal with the risks around COVID-19.
We are following COVID-19 protocols from the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Assoc.), CVMA (Connecticut Veterinary Medical Assoc.), and Federal and CT State Government.
- Our facility is thoroughly sterilized daily with the most advanced and effective disinfectants available, and we will continue to ensure that we take proper measures to minimize any potential risk. Our staff has been instructed in the most effective cleaning protocols for our clinic.
- To maintain “social distancing” simply call us when you arrive for your appointment, and one of our associates will come to the car to get your pet and collect any information needed. If necessary, the doctor will contact you on your cell with any questions. We will then call your cell to arrange to bring your pet back to your car outside the clinic. Preferred payment method is by credit card but check and cash will still be accepted.
- If you need to pick up food or medications for your pet, we will bring these items to your vehicle. We strongly encourage you to coordinate home delivery for reoccurring needs. We work with Covetrus to ensure that your pets receive the quality products that we utilize in our practice. The shipping of any food or prescriptions can be sent directly to your home via VetsFirstChoice when it is convenient for your schedule.
What is curbside service and how does it help you and your pet?
- If you are feeling ill or you or anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19, please call the office to reschedule your appointment to a later time or make special arrangements with us to see your sick pet.
- Due to our hours during the crisis being shortened to help keep our staff healthy and here to service your needs, please call us ahead of time if you need to cancel your appointment so that we may best utilize the appointments we have available.
We are dedicated to providing you and your pet companions the very best in care, and we will continue to fulfill that promise to you regardless of external events. While we cannot be certain of how long this virus will cause disruption, we are certain that we will all get through this together, as a community.
We understand that coronavirus poses risks, but we also know our pets need and deserve care during this time. Thank you for trusting us as your partner in your pets’ healthcare.
Your friends at Monroe Animal Hospital